2 Major Types Of Organizational Process Assets
In my previous articles, I have talked about some of the facts that you have to know about projects and portfolios for projects. In this article, we are going to talk about some of the facts that you need to know about organizational process assets for projects. Follow me as we are going to look at that in this article.
Organizational process assets are entities that can be used to influence the success of a project. Policies, procedures, guidelines, formal and informal plans, templates, lesson learned documents, and even historical information come under the organizational process assets. They may also include completed schedules, earned value data, and risk data. Any updates to the organizational process assets are handled by the project team members.
Please note that organizational process assets can be categorized into two categories.
#1 Process and procedures
These are the processes and procedures the organization uses for performing project-related tasks. Examples of such may include:
- Policies, product and project life cycles, and quality policies and procedures.
- The standard guideline, proposal evaluation criteria, work instructions, and performance measurement criteria.
- Templates such as work breakdown structures, project definition and business case forms, the project schedule, milestone report and contract template among others.
- Tailored guidelines and criteria for organizational processes that will satisfy specific project needs.
- Organizational communication requirements and project closure guidelines among others.
#2 Communication knowledge base
Corporate knowledge bases are corporate knowledge repositories for storing and retrieving information. Examples may include:
- Process management databases that provide measurement data on processes and procedures.
- Project files such as scope, cost, schedule and quality baselines. Performance measurement baselines; project calendars, and risk registers.
- Lesson learned knowledge bases and historical information.
- Issue and defect management databases.
- Configuration management knowledge bases.
- Financial databases.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
Download Our Blog App On Google Playstore.
Join Our Whatsapp Group Here
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back