A container load of arms has been intercepted by the Nigerian Customs Service at the Tin Can Island in Lagos, Premium Times reports.
The container was discovered at the ports and cargo terminal of the port.
A source at the ports said the customs authority have ordered everyone out of the terminal and locked everywhere.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson for the Nigeria Customs, Tin Can command Uche Ejesieme said details of the discovery made will be made public in due time.
“We are still counting,” Mr. Ejesieme said.
Below is a full list of the arms recovered:
1. 100 pieces of black tornado single barrel rifles
2. 75 pieces of silver magnum single barrel rifles
3. 50 pieces of alter pump action rifles
4. 215 pieces of black single barrel rifles
5. 164 pieces of rifle nozzle
6. 103 pieces of arms grips
7. 110 pieces of trigger
8. 113 pieces of arm guard
9. 107 pieces of bridge block
10. 122 pieces of Allen keys
11. 117 pieces of gun assemble grips
12. 516 5Okg bags of POP cement.
He also stated that based on intelligence, the 1 x 20ft container No. PONU 210024/1 was brought down to the Enforcement Unit of the Command, where a 100% physical examination was conducted which revealed all the items mentioned earlier.
Speaking further on the status of the seizure, the Customs Area Controller stated that investigation is still ongoing with a view to unraveling those behind the importation and that further profiling of the importer will be carried out to get other details.
See more photos below: