President Muhammadu Buhari’s Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, has been named as the architect of the controversial vacation letter by the president to the National Assembly.
Sahara Reporters reports that several high-ranking sources at the presidency confirmed that the decision to use the phrase, “the Vice President will coordinate the activities of the Government,” was singularly taken by Kyari.
The source also disclosed that Kyari had always seen Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and some ministers as countervailing forces against him, which is why he phrased the letter to the National Assembly in a way that degraded the VP’s powers to act fully during Buhari’s absence.
The source listed the following minister as those Kyari thinks should be cut ooff from President Buhari.
1. Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed
2. Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola
3. Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi
4. Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh
5. Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika
6. Minister for Justice and Attorney-General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Abubakar Malami
7. Minister of Women Affairs, Jummai Alhassan