The Kano State House of Assembly has suspended probe of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II.
The Emir was initially being investigated over the complaints of “questionable expenditures and financial misappropriations” estimated at N3.4 billion. But the House has decided to drop the probe after Kano State governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, pleaded on behalf of the emir.
Ganduje did not act alone. Here are the individuals who prevailed on the House to stop the Investigation:
1. The Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, a lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria.
2. President of the Nigerian Senate, Bukola Saraki.
3. Speaker of the Nigerian House of Representative, Yakubu Dogara.
4. Governor of Kano State Abdullahi Ganduje
5. Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, the spiritual leader of Nigeria’s seventy million Muslims.
6. Retired –General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, former head of state and Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
7. Retired-General Abdulsalami Abubakar, former head of State and Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
8. Alike Dangote, Africa’s richest man and CEO of Dangote Group
9. Aminu Dantata, Nigerian businessman and promoter of Kano State Foundation