Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has approved the appointment of 14 chief medical directors and medical directors of different Federal Teaching Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres and Specialists Hospitals in Nigeria, Premium Times reports.
In an approval letter signed by the deputy chief of staff to the Acting President which was addressed to the minister of health Isaac Adewole, the five of the appointees will be serving their second and final terms.
It was gathered that about 20 out of 52 tertiary institutions in Nigeria were operating without CMDs or MDs. The institutions were then run by interim head for about six month to two years against the provision of the Acts upon which they were established.
Congratulating the appointee, the minister of health urged them to ensure that theu operate and all-inclusive administration during their tenure.
Adewole said the appointees are expected to support the health agenda of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration which is focused on achieving a universal health coverage.
Below is a list of the chief executive officers of the tertiary health institutions:
1.University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada – Bisala Ekele
2. Federal Medical Centre, Asaba – V.A. Osiatuma
3. Federal Medical Centre, Birnin Kudu – Idris Suleiman
4. Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta – Abdus Musa
5. Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja – O.O. Alabi
6. Federal Medical Centre, Ebute-Metta, Lagos – Adejuwon Dada
7. Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Maiduguri – Ibrahim Wakawa
8. Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Lagos – O.C. Ogun
9. Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Sokoto – Shehu Sale
While the five appointee who will be serving their final tenure are:
1. Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano – A.Z. Mohammed
2. Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi – Anthony Igwegbe
3. Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo – Wiza Inusa
4. Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Calabar – Joseph Okegbe
5. Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Uselu, Benin-City – Sunday Olotu