The Nigerian Army has posted in 147 officers into Operation LAFIYA DOLE, some divisions, formations and training schools in what it says is in a bid to restrategise.
Sani Kukasheka Usman, Brigadier-General and director Army Public Relations, made the announcement minutes ago.
See the list of the affected officers below:
1. Major General RO Yusuf of the Nigerian Army Ordnance Corps, is now the commander, Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC), Minna
2. Major General A Oyebade, the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division Nigerian Army, moved to Army Headquarters as Chief of Logistics (COLOG)
3. Major General AM Dikko moved from the office of the National Security Adviser to 1 Division as GOC
4. Major General I Attahiru is now the Theatre Commander, Operation LAFIYA DOLE.
5. Major General LEO Irabor moved to Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) as the Field Commander
6. Major General PJ Dauke moved from 3 Division to 81 Division as GOC
7. Brigadier General BI Ahanotu now Acting GOC 3 Division
8. Brigadier General IM Yusuf of the Nigerian Defence Academy now Acting GOC 7 Division
9. Brigadier General SO Olabanji of the of Amphibious Training School, Calabar, is now the Acting GOC 8 Task Force Division
10. The GOC 81 Division, Major General EB Oyefolu, is now the commander, Nigerian Army Training Centre (NATRAC), Kontagora
11. Brigadier General MG Ali moved to Nigerian Army Special Forces School, Buni Yadi, as commandant from NATRAC.
12. Brigadier General IM Obot is now the Brigade commander 26 Task Force Brigade
13. Brigadier General AO Quadri moved from the office of the Chief of Army Staff to 25 Task Force Brigade as commander.
Also those affected in the new posting include some commanders and staff officers at the Defence, Army Headquarters and brigades.